No matter what kind of pet you have buying food for them will be part of their daily care by you. There are a few simple rules to follow when wanting to buy, feed and store your animal’s food. Read on to discover 5 tips for buying, feeding and storing your pet’s food.
1. Look for coupons online and in newspapers, and do not forget to compare prices and food selections at different stores. If the store you choose offers a rewards program, sign up! You will generally receive member’s only coupons either through snail mail or e-mail.
2. Stock up on the food you find for great prices, but do not forget to check the expiration dates on everything you intend to purchase. This saves you time and money and gives you a small stock pile.
1. Kitten and Cat food – Make sure to feed your cat properly according to their activity level, age, size and medical conditions. The best advice here is to take your cat to a veterinarian and have them go over a feeding plan with you. Make sure that water is always available.
2. Puppy and Dog food – Make sure to feed your dog according to their activity level, age, size, and medical conditions. As stated above, the best way to make sure your pet does not have any allergies or other feeding issues is to take them to a vet and have the vet go over a plan personalized just for your dog. Make sure your dog always has plenty of water.
1. Cat Food and Dog Food – Keep in a place where children and other animals do not have access. If you keep the food in the bag after initially opening it, be sure to reseal and store in a cool, dry place. If you plan to store it inside a container, make sure it is airtight with a lid and is stored in a cool dry, place. For unopened canned food, store them in a cool, dry place; after they have been opened, cover them and store them in the refrigerator or put them in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator.
Just remember to always do research where it is deemed necessary, and to consult a veterinarian for all your feeding and medical questions. These simple tips will keep both you and your pets happy and healthy!