Some low budget ways to enjoy your trip and save money, all at the same time.
1) Keep track of everything you spend money on. That means everything. If you are thinking about going out to dinner while staying in Kuantan, find out how much it will cost. If you budget won’t allow it, don’t do it (find budget homestay here).
2) When you are vacationing, always do some comparison shopping friends. Never just accept the first offer. If you find something in one shop that you like, look elsewhere. See if you can find the same thing at a cheaper price somewhere else. If you can’t, then ask yourself if you really need it. Many times people binge shop while on vacation. The thrill of being on vacation overtakes them. If it’s a shirt, ask yourself if you will wear it, again once you get home. If you won’t, then put it back. If you will get a lot of use out of it, then make the investment.
3) Take any change you get and save it up. It doesn’t matter how long you are staying, keep the excess change. Many take that extra money and spend it right away. You never know when you might run into an emergency, even on vacation, Avoid over-spending at all costs.
4) Instead of going out to eat so much, spend money on groceries. If you are staying at someone’s home, take that money and cook something at home. That will save you a lot of money. If you do go out to eat, don’t do anything fancy. There is something to be said about something simple and quaint. If you find a cute little eatery that costs less then $20, then eat there.
You might also want to avoid the most expensive thing on the menu, whether you have the money or not. Don’t use vacation as an excuse to spend money, even with eating.
5) If you can take public transportation, do it. It will save on money. It will also cut down on the wear and tear of your own vehicle. Think of the most economical way of getting from point A to point B and do that.
Going on vacation is supposed to be a fun time. But don’t fall into the trap that others do. Don’t spend you don’t have. Create a budget and stick to it.